The Leads Group is a collection of local business representatives committed to
each other’s success through networking and the passing of leads and sharing of
marketing strategies. We are dedicated to promoting fellow members in the business
world and to our families and friends.
- Through regular meetings, group members get to know each other’s businesses
and capabilities and, in the course of doing their own business, refer the members
of their group to potential customers.
- Sharing of marketing strategies, promotions, business advice and best practices
is an integral part of group networking.
- Leads Group membership is open to any business in Shiawassee County. Dues
are charged for all members of the group at a rate of $5.00 per month for Shiawassee
Regional Chamber Members and $10.00 per month for non-members. Dues are billed/paid
in 6-month increments.
- One business type is represented in each group. Two companies with like
products or services can co-exist in the group as long as they have a mutual
understanding of specifically what products or services they are representing
in the group.
LEADS INCENTIVE PAYMENTS:
- At the 2nd meeting in June and the 2nd meeting in
December each year, a drawing will be held from leads slips that have resulted
in new customers that generated sales and have been submitted to the secretary.
The person that gave the lead will receive a Leads Incentive Payment. Reward
amounts will be determined at the meeting prior and based on the funds available
at the end of the six month period.
- Meetings will take place on the 1st and 3rd Thursday
of each month at 8:30 a.m. Location is determined by group members with preference
given to SRCC Member locations. The meeting schedule can be modified and determined
by the group. The 1st meeting in a month will consist of a guest
speaker or featured presentation and the 2nd meeting will be group
discussion about a selected topic.
- In order for the group to be successful and for an individual to maximize
the benefits of belonging, regular attendance is required. If a member cannot
attend, an alternate staff member may attend instead and this is encouraged.
If an alternate is not available, the Leads Group chairperson should be notified
- The group shall elect officers on an annual basis to include: Chairperson,
Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Chair: Responsible to run monthly meetings and setup up spotlight
or presenter or topic of discussion. Attendance tracking and email monthly meeting
- Vice Chair: Responsible to assist Chair or fill in for Chair when
Chair is unavailable.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Responsible for taking notes at meetings and
keeping track of leads slips and confirming/tracking lead slip results for drawings.
Tracking of slips to contain such things as; sale/no sale/ if sale then estimated
value of sale.
Responsible to receive, track and transport funds from meeting to chamber with
proper paperwork to show Audit-able paper trail. Present reports on a monthly
basis to the group.
- Dues are collected for the purposes of the incentive drawings, administration
and printing costs. Remaining funds may be donated to a specific cause chosen
by the group with preference for a business scholarship toward a local seminar
or Chamber event or a charitable organization of the groups choosing.
The Leads Group Program is hosted and facilitated
by the Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce.