Shiawassee County Businesses:
We are SO excited to announce our newest economic impact and community development initiative, “ShiaCash".
ShiaCash is a community currency program that is purchased through an online portal with local branding and can be used ONLY at participating merchants. Providing you, our local business owners, a fantastic tool to restart and grow your business. Our area’s large employers spend 2-3% of their payroll on holiday gifts, sales incentives and employee recognition. Our goal is to make ShiaCash a reward that our large employers will use instead of national brand gift cards that have no benefit to our members or community.
The Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce, Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership, Owosso Main Street and the Greater Durand Area Chamber of Commerce have partnered up to launch ShiaCash, which will:
· Bring a year-round Buy Local program to our community
· Be used as holiday gifts, thank you gifts and employee rewards
· Connect YOU with the area’s large employers
· Help you acquire new customers
· Provide a great marketing tool for your business
To accept ShiaCash, there are no upfront costs or special software/credit card machines to purchase. The program will pay you back 92% face value of the currency! (The other 8% goes to administrative costs and customer credit card processing fees through Stripe.) We will send payment to you twice a month for the redeemed certificates. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN for our community.
We are committed to making ShiaCash a huge success as we reopen the local economy. We will market this program to our area employers as well as all of our residents. Our goal is to make ShiaCash the gift of CHOICE in our communities and keep our dollars “at home”.
And, our three partner organizations hope to bring new customers to your door. If you have any questions, please contact the Shiawassee Regional Chamber at 989-723-5149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a series of videos to learn more about being a ShiaCash merchant.